Herb Crusted Pork Neck
Be bold and ring the changes with this simply delicious de-boned Pork neck. The fresh herb crust is versatile and can be used successfully with either fresh fish or chicken breasts. Lemon zest adds zing.
8 Pork neck steaks, trimmed into palm-sized portions 1" thick
Salt and pepper, to taste
60ml Olive oil
45ml Dijon mustard
30ml Wholegrain mustard
120ml Bread crumbs use day old bread
120ml Nuts, finely chopped (your choice of nuts)
15ml Rosemary, finely chopped
15ml Thyme, finely chopped
(lemon zest finely grated adds a fresh twist)
- Place pork neck steaks in a roasting pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the olive oil, mustard and honey and spread over the steaks
- Mix all the ingredients for the herb crust and sprinkle over the steaks
- Roast in the oven at 160C for 30-40 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, let the meat rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Can be served individually or on a large platter and garnished with a sprig of Thyme